There are certainly a lot of people who are rather conscious about their appearance. In fact, to them, the quality of their skin is highly important. They would want to make sure that their skin remains blemish free and does not suffer from any conditions at all.
However, because of the various stresses that a person can encounter on a daily basis, as well as the unhealthy habits that he or she has, like smoking, drinking or eating lots of junk food, they may develop acne outbreaks.
Acne is a condition which is also caused by chemical imbalances and genetics. This condition occurs when the sebaceous glands produce excess oils which are then clogged up in the pores. This would lead to pimples developing, with some being white heads that have pus-filled centers.
These can be highly distracting to look at, and may force a person to hide away from social gatherings or public view. It can affect their self esteem in a negative manner, which is why they would try to look for some ways to treat it.
However, acne removal is something that requires a lot of serious thought, since not every treatment out there works the same way for all skin types. Apart from that, there are a few things that a person must consider before trying to get rid of acne.
Below are just some do’s and don’ts to consider.
- It is important to go for skin care products which don’t have any oils in them and are actually non-comedogenic. These solutions for acne removal will avoid the clogging of pores, which is the reason why pimples, whiteheads, blackheads and zits develop in the first place.
- It is essential that a person’s skin care regiment must include the use of a mild cleanser. Apart from that, applying sunscreen that is non-comedogenic will also help. At times, extreme heat from the rays of the sun causes the body to sweat excessively, and any excess oils produced can also clog up the pores of the skin.
- One should also remember that any form of acne treatment does not happen overnight. They will have to be patient before they can see any results. This applies even to products which claim to provide efficient results.
- Moisturizers which are oil-free must be used for those people who have dry skin.
- It is essential for women to avoid applying heavy make up on their faces. It can be rather difficult to get rid of even after washing, and any excess make up might end up stuck in the pores, thus clogging them and causing acne to worsen. Instead, it would be much better for women to make use of water-based makeup, since this can be rather light on the face.
- Pricking pimples is always a no-no. While a person may feel the urge to pop them just so they won’t have to deal with pus-filled bumps on their faces, there’s also a huge chance that scars may develop, and some of these scars would turn out to be permanent.
- Using skin care products which have scents and fragrances may also contribute to the development or worsening of acne. Some people might have allergic reactions to them, and would end up growing more pimples on their faces.
- Refrain from eating spicy foods. It can cause the skin to become inflamed even more, thus leading to pimple outbreaks in some.
These are just a few of the do’s and don’ts of acne removal.08.13.12
Acne is a condition that affects millions of people around the globe every year. When we hear the words “acne breakout,” we normally think of teens. However, take note of the fact that people from any age group can be susceptible to getting acne.
Furthermore, since pimples cannot be “treated” at an immediate way, prevention is still the number one key.
Understating the different causes of acne is the initial step at preventing the condition. Pores in the skin are entranceways to small canals referred to as follicles. In every follicle, a gland and hair normally secretes sebum, which is an oily substance that can keep the skin from drying.
However, there are times when sebum will build up in the pores and then clog the follicles. When this happens, Propionibacterium acnes will live on it and get trapped inside the skin.
The body will then react by fighting off the bacteria through the help of leukocytes which will lead to swelling and inflammation which might be visible on the skin’s surface as a pimple.
While the condition is not life-threatening, acne often causes emotional distress, which is why sufferers eagerly look for different solutions. In an article published in “Lipids in Health and Disease,” the most common consumer of supplements and vitamins are patients who have concerns regarding acne.
According to evidence, these people might be right on track as various supplements can help in preventing acne.
A metallic element known for its antioxidant characteristics, zinc has a vital role in the development and growth of the skin. Additionally, it also has antibacterial properties which can help in fighting off acne, the American Academy of Dermatology notes that zinc has been studied as a preventative for acne in the past decades.
Zinc supplementation can stop acne breakouts especially in individuals who have low levels of zinc in the body. Taking zinc orally has been especially effective for people who have a severe case of acne compared to those who have moderate or mild acne. In taking zinc, watch out for adverse effects like diarrhea and nausea.
Taking it with food can reduce the gastrointestinal effects.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
People who traditionally eat fish and seafood in high amounts have lower acne rates, which suggest that these omega-3 fatty acids can work in preventing it. Fish oil, or omega-3 supplements, is widely available in gel or liquid form.
Vitamins E and A
Scientific evidence suggests that taking oral vitamin A and E capsules play a role in acne prevention.
In an article published in “Clinical & Experimental Dermatology,” patients who suffered from acne had low levels of vitamins A and E in their system compared to those who did not have acne. Multivitamin supplementation, especially those which contain vitamins A and E may be an excellent strategy in preventing acne breakouts.